We are currently taking expressions of interest for workshops, presentation and events for 2019. Please get in touch with us!
Sustainable Living Festival: The Big Weekend
Friday 8th – Sunday 10th February
Fed Square & Birrarung Marr, Melbourne, Victoria
The National Sustainable Living Festival aims to accelerate the uptake of sustainable living and seeks solutions to global warming that will return the planet to a safe climate as fast as humanly possible. The Festival raises awareness and provides tools for change by showcasing leading solutions to the ecological and social challenges we face. ZWV will be on hand to provide handy hints and tips to take steps towards living a zero waste lifestyle. BYOC (Bring Your Own Containters) will also be there to help you normalise BYOC and ‘put a lid on plastic waste’.
Some program highlights (which include Zero Waste Victoria members):
Saturday 9th Feb 10am: Empowering Environmental Education with Drew Barr, Ellen Regos, and Emily Hui
Saturday 9th Feb 2pm: The Big Retrofit Jam talking Clothes, Machines, Zero Waste and Permaculture. This panel includes David Holmgren and his son Oliver, with Elisabeth van Roosevelt, facilitated by Kirsty Bishop-Fox
Sunday 10th Feb 3pm: What’s up with Food Waste with Kirsty Bishop-Fox, Jessica Alice and others.
The Great Summer Clothes Swap
Saturday 16th February
Malvern Town Hall Corner High Street and Glenferrie Road, Malvern, Victoria
Swap, learn, make and mend at the City of Stonnington’s Great Summer Clothes Swap! The new year is a great time to refresh and refine your wardrobe and get your hands on some new quality additions that won’t cost the earth. The Great Summer Clothes Swap, a place where your unloved and unwanted clothes become currency for new clothes to love. Enjoy workshops with Eco Organiser, Tanya Lewis and curating a conscious wardrobe with Hannah Gray. We will be there with our information stall, ready to answer any questions about going zero waste.
Sunday March 17th
We will have an information stand with some locals to give you practical tips so you can make switches to reduce plastics and fight the war on waste. More details coming next month.
Past Events and Workshops
- Eco-Festival, City of Port Phillip, St Kilda
- DELWP Information Stall
- Cook Smart with Tobie Puttock, Prahran Market
- Maroondah Festival, Croydon
- Beeswax Wrap Workshops, City of Port Phillip libraries (St Kilda/Port Melbourne)
- Besswax Wrap Workshops, South Melbourne Market
- ‘A Plastic Ocean’ film, panel discussion & stalls, Fairfield Primary School
- Initiatives of Change’s Sustainability Fair, The Armagh Centre, Toorak
- Zero Waste Festival, Brunswick Town Hall
- The Clean Bin Project Movie & Panel, South Yarra
- Waste-Wise Living Event, Frankston
- Fair@Square: Ethical Lifestyle Festival, Fed Square
- ELK Clothing & Accessories, Preston
- The Great Summer Swap (Sustainable Living Festival), Prahan
- Future’s Festival, Templestone College
- Burrinja Climate Change Biennale Day of Action, Upwey
- Spring Into Gardening, Prahran
- Practically Green Festival, Edendale Farm
- Sustainable Living Festival, Fed Square
Contact us if you are interested in having Zero Waste Victoria involved with your event, school or organisation.